Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 6 months ago

Do scientists have emotions?

Because they know that emotions (love, pain, everything) are just caused by chemicals. Can/do they still feel them?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Raja
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They are human beings, naturally they have all human emotions and feelings.

• 6 months ago

This question is an example of why Y/A needs a special section for idiots.

Source(s): Scientist
  • MARK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes we scientists have emotions. Right now this scientist's emotions are that he is incredibly irked by these asinine questions from people too stupid to know the answer or who have no life so pose such ridiculous puerile questions.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Scientists cannot prove that emotions exist using (only) their five senses.

So I'm sure the frustration they 'feel' that cannot be measured is ironic.

Chemicals don't think.

Emotions are the result of thoughts based on circumstances.

Here's one for you:

If someone you love hurts you, it is a REAL pain that you feel in your heart.

How can the HEART feel pain based on some superficial happening? The pain is real... intense... and even could be described as agony. All because someone you love did something to cause betrayal.

If you love someone, your heart 'leaps' when you see them... it palpitates faster... because you love them.

All these should be a huge indicator to you that something much greater is going on.

Stop thinking... and humble yourself now... and go to your Maker like a child.... and acknowledge Him and trust Him... and ask to know Him.... for He can be known, and wants to be known.

If you don't do this, and you keep relying on mere mortals to give you your answers, you will be cursed as it is written.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Drunkenness is caused by chemicals (specifically ethyl alcohol). Knowing that doesn't prevent someone from getting drunk if they over-imbibe.

Do you see now why your question is ill-formed?

• 6 months ago

I'm sure they experience the emotion of frustration when their calculations were time-consuming but things still go away from expectation... or when their pocket protector fails. (-;

In all sincerity I'm not a scientist... but I'm 37 and have never been in a relationship.

I think scientists have a better idea of how to date and appeal to those they're attracted to than I do... and I'm definitely not as smart as a scientist.

I'm not willing to fall asleep at my desk surrounded by crumpled ruled-out equations.

• Megan6 months agoReport

What does your relationship status have to do with anything?

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6 months ago

Yes. Yes, scientists have emotions.

• 6 months ago

Of course scientists have emotions and can feel them. The difference is that scientists also know better than to rely on their emotions when making an intellectual decision.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes. Knowing how they work does not make them stop working.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.