Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 1 year ago

guys i haven't seen the lost series. is it better than game of thrones?

atleast the final season lol!!?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

As someone else said, they're very different shows. I'm a huge Lost fan, and I think the show is definitely worth watching. It doesn't have the epic scope of Game of Thrones or some of the labyrinthine plotting. But it's an absolutely fantastic adventure show. It starts out with what was then the most expensive pilot in tv history. A plane, flying from Australia to the US crashes on this seemingly deserted tropical island. The diverse cast of characters soon discover odd things on the island, including a weird "monster" apparently living in the woods, a strange radio broadcast coming from the Island's interior, and eventually a secret hatchway hidden in the jungle. Over the coming seasons the show explores more and more of the island's strangeness. At the time it provoked the same kind of obsession that Thrones did, and also some of the same annoyance, particularly with the idea that it didn't answer its various mysteries in a timely fashion. I think the final season of Lost was better received than the final season of Thrones, which has been pretty controversial (aside from the epic battle of Winterfell). But the finale of Lost was controversial, although for different reasons than the Thrones finale. I think that many people were left unsatisfied by the Thrones finale because they didn't buy the 11th hour change of Dany into a villain ansd because they didn't like the choice of Bran as the new King. Most die hard fans seemed satisfied with the Lost finale, but there was controversy because the finale ended up being more about an emotional conclusion for the characters rather than a plot payoff where lots of mysteries were solved.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

Lost ran for years, however the writers strike in the last year cut their ability to have the full number of episodes, they had to rush the ending with only 1/2 the episodes planned, and that suffered the results. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to the last 15 to 20 minutes of the final episode. The people who didn't ended up not understanding the ending at all.

They did reach a solid finale, but it would have been better if they'd had the full 24 or 25 episodes they wanted. (Yes, standard tv back then had a minimum of 22 episodes per season, not the 10 episodes that so many shows have now).

The two shows are very different. Watch them both. LOST is tricky mentally. GOT is more like watching a Russian novel.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Uhhhhhh that was another notorious "hell no!" ending. The first season is really great.

• 1 year ago

It is a great series.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Both are great shows, but are very different. Not everyone that likes Game of Thrones will like LOST and vice versa.

As for the final seasons, a lot of fans were disappointed with the final season of LOST just as people are disappointed with the final season of Game of Thrones, but I think that although neither show had a PERFECT ending, they were very good endings. Most people that dislike the final seasons of the shows do because they had a specific vision of how they wanted the shows to end which didn t happen. But ultimately their views are subjective and misunderstand the purpose and direction of both shows. I think Game of Thrones could have a much better ending, but LOST had a very fitting ending that seems to be misunderstood by fans. In the end, it s all down to personal interpretation. But I think that when watching these shows, people should try harder to see the stories for what they are and the writers purpose in telling those stories rather than judging it based on personal opinion alone. That way people would probably be more satisfied with the final seasons we got instead of ripping them to shreds.

• 1 year ago

nope, it's dumb

• 1 year ago

Yessss

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.