If i go to church and put 50 pence on the collection plate. Will that guarantee me a place in heaven?

71 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

No. Good works do not get you into Heaven. Face as Jesus as Savior is the only way.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

For 50 pence? I think you could cough up more than that.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

atheist trolling ******************** ************************* ************************

• Al
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

People are brainwashed on what salvation is, Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us its a Gift from God not of our own doing lest any man should boast.... the Bible appears to contradict itself for good reason, people changed scriptures along the way for political control, think about it, the universe is so vast that its beyond comprehension for the human mind, everything God intended for us has been provided, so where then does God become the lover of money? Humans created money as a means to control commerce and exchange resources, but human nature is to covet other peoples treasures..... what God made is ETERNAL.....money is not eternal, Salvation is a Gift, you can't buy whats freely given.......

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

In a word, "No" Anyone can enter the Church building, sit on an empty pew for an hour and put 50 pence in the collection place when it passes, seeming to honour Him with their lips during that hour, when really their heart is far from Him (Mark 7:6).

Consequently, God sees NOT AS MAN SEES for man looks on the OUTWARD APPEARANCE, but God looks at the condition of the heart (1 Samuel 16:7)

• 6 months ago

I helps better if you put all of your money in my collection plate . For only my Church is closest to being like Jesus' original Church . See my answers for evidence .

• 6 months ago

Not by a long shot, no. Your place in heaven is assured by believe in the Lord jesus Christ, professing it publicly, and following His lead.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You should put just one pence, but make sure it's Mike Pence.

Source(s): Hopefully the church wants him because the rest of America sure doesn't.
  • 6 months ago

Yes, God and Jesus set up a big Excel spreadsheet millennia ago, and they keep a score on how many contributions you paid your friendly, neighborhood preacher. The top 1% get a guaranteed reservation and first class accommodations in the Heaven Hilton hotel - plus loyalty member points. Those who are poor get accommodations in the Forever Flophouse.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

"If i go to church and put 50 pence on the collection plate." Not a sentence. Come back when you pass English composition.

"Will that guarantee me a place in heaven?" THAT's a sentence.

• Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Anonymous Grammar Nazis not wanted on social media

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.