Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues?

Are these sentences correct:

a) "You shouldn't leave your computer on when you're not using it, because it wears it out."

b) "When you play music, your laptop computer consumes energy more quickly."

c) "If you play music, the energy of your computer will run out more quickly."

d) "After charging your computer or phone, you shouldn't leave the wire plugged, because even if it's not linked to the computer or phone, it spends energy."

People will be able to understand those sentences so it s not a very big deal but there are a few things native English speakers would most likely say differently. Example a is about perfect, that sounds like something people would normally say. In example b, more quicker is grammatically incorrect, but people will still understand. If you wanted to be grammatically correct you should say quicker, although most native English speakers would probably say "faster". Same thing goes for example c. In example d, the only thing that is gametically incorrect is spends, most people will say the word uses. And when you say wire, that s technically correct, and people will understand you, but most English speakers say "cord". Also depending on where in the us you are (if you re in the us at all) you ll here a lot of things said differently, probably even within those four phrases. It s just dialect, people will still understand you.

they sound okay to rne

• A.J.

Although understood, and very close to perfect, this is what I see based on being well educated USA though not an English teacher-

a) - no comma after "it"

b,c) I don't like "more quickly". Base word is quick. Quickly changes it to adverb as less common. Then adding "more" in complexity. Write and speak in less complexity.

When you play music, your laptop computer consumes more energy.

When you play music, your laptop computer uses more energy.

When you play music, your laptop computer depletes the battery faster.

This last one is clearer and more accurate than c.

d) reads as a run-on sentence. This is better.

"After charging your computer or phone, you shouldn't leave the charger plugged. Even if it's not linked to the computer or phone, it uses energy."

They’re all near perfect, but instead of using “more quickly” you should use the term “quicker”

• Richard1 year agoReport

More quickly, a modified adverb, is grammatically correct in this instance. Quicker, an adjective, would be incorrect despite being in common use.

A) "You shouldn't leave your computer on when it's not being used, because over time it could wear some of the components down."

But that's just how I would say it with A. Others might say that differently.

B) "When you play music on your laptop, it will drain the battery faster."

C) "If you play music on your laptop, the battery will drain quicker."

D) "After charging your computer or phone, you shouldn't leave the wire plugged in, because once it reaches a full charge, it will receive a trickle charge until it is unplugged."

I mean your sentences were really, really good. Just with D was the main one for me. However, some native english speakers might say, "Do you want to come with?" Leaving out the "me" at the end. So if you want to get technical then yea it would be, "Do you want to come with me?"

And yes your B sentence was correct. You could say C like that as well, but I've never heard it spoken like that.

• D1 year agoReport

on the last one, would this read better or worse?

D) "After completely charging your computer or phone, unplug it from the charger. Over charging batteries can make them wear out faster. "