Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 6 months ago

I’m pregnant and I want an abortion. :(?

Recently I found out I was pregnant. I just graduated high school but i’m not ready for a baby. I’m on birth control (the implant). I’m not financially stable. I still have my whole life ahead of me. I want to go to college. I thought I was being responsible by being on birth control and being safe. There’s a lot of abortion laws going around and the people who are pro-life are making me feel so bad. I’m so disappointed in myself. I’m just surprised that this had to happen at the end of my senior year. I tried my best to be the “good” child. I don’t drink smoke or go to parties. I’m not ready for a baby yet. I do feel bad there are some women that can’t have their own kids but I still can’t have this child. I don’t want to bring it into the world knowing I can’t give it a great life. That’s what they deserve. You can call me a murderer or whatever....I just need some posture advice pleaS

• Jane

It’s all up to you. It’s your life and your own decision. You are young and I can tell that you are a good girl that want to be successful in the future and it’s not the right timing for a baby. You don’t need to justify to ANYONE! A lot of people say “give it on adoption” but as an adopted girl myself It’s horrible to live a life thinking that your own mother refused you (even tho you don’t really know the real story behind it but that’s what you feel). It’s something you are taking with you forever and will conditioning your relationships with people. So yeah if you are sure about your decision go for an abortion

• WaldoBC

The unborn offspring is a human entity. 'human life' happens at conception. In other words, the moment DNA exists which is separate from that of the mother. Abortion is the removal of a living [human] entity!

Please keep it some people cant have kids and you are lucky if.you dont want the baby give birth and give it to a family that cant have kids that way you are making a family happy and giving life all life is precious

If you didn't want to get pregnant, you should have learned the word "no" and kept your legs closed! There's your advice, kid.

• che5 months agoReport

Don’t judge people. I’m sure there are plenty of things we could judge you about. Learn how to be a better human.

put the baby up for adoption the people wanting the baby will pay you big money, rent place to live buy you a car

Sweetheart, it is YOUR body. If you want an abortion, by all means have one - and just ignore those people who talk sh*. Peace, sister!

Please don't abort the baby. I have been in the same position as you. Pregnant, young, starting college, and single. I kept my baby and he has brought so much joy to my life. My life didn't turn out how I expected, it has turned out better. I am married with two more children now and wouldn't change anything. If I had aborted my son 10 years ago, I know I'd be regretting it to this day. And there is always the option of adoption.

Google "pregnancy resource center" in your area-- they'll provide support to you and assist with giving resources and info on adoption. You don't have to put your baby in the foster care system. There are many stable married couples who are waiting to adopt babies.

I know this is a scary, difficult time for you. But you can get it through it. You'll be so proud of yourself if you choose to give life to your baby. I'm praying for you. God bless you.

• Cynthia6 months agoReport

Im happy that was your choice. But it is not everyone's. There are so many kids in orphanages and on the streets... Being adopted is not simple

Don’t give the baby up for adoption, on average, there are about 443,000 children in foster care. The truth of the matter is, not that many people are adopting, at least enough that children are finding homes easily. There is a chance your baby could be adopted, but the longer it takes, the older they’ll grow which means they’re less desirable. As well as if they have a home, that means they’re taking a home away from another child. Abortions, while a hard thing to do, are a force of good. They reduce the amount of children in the system, reduce hardships for children who could be built into a life of poverty, neglect, abuse, and general bad environments children would be forced to grow up in. Not to mention it reduces the rate of crime, as those born in the previously mentioned situations are a lot more likely to commit crimes. Ultimately it’s not up to me, but I’m advising reaching out to a doctor to discuss your adoptions, but I suggest going for it.

• Pippin

BS, Edna. (As always.) The vast majority of babies ARE adopted. I know many couples who have adopted -- ordinary, middle class couples. What 'overly restrictive' laws are these? I'm SURE you can cite your claim for most healthy infants placed for adoption ending up in foster care?

• GB

If you live in Alabama, then get out before the minimum number of people , eg your parents, know you're pregnant.

Go to PP or another provider and terminate the prgnancy... your body, your life, your choice! It is for now a constitutional protection as ruled on by the Supreme Court. There is no reason to question your decision to not have a child thay you are not prpared to have, are not on financial footing to have, and that would derail your entire life and future ambitions to have. No need for remorse or appologies.

Give it up for adoption. There are a lot of couples that can't have babies that would be more than happy to receive your baby with warm open arms when you just give birth. And like someone else said. If the father wants the baby and you don't, give the baby to him, we have rights too. Don't feel bad about it, is just how it is.

• Rick B

If you don't want your baby, put it up for adoption or sign over your rights to the dad. What has the baby's father said about his wishes????

• Edna

Kevin K: Because the baby IS in the woman's body, she and she alone has the legal right to decide if she wants to give birth to it or if she wants to abort it - that's the law. The father has no say-so about whatever she chooses to do. He won't become the father until after the child is born alive.