I hate hanging out with my friends now that they’re a couple?

I’m the reason why two of my good friends are dating. I was the one who set them up and they’ve been going strong for almost a year now, but god, do I ever regret it. Are they happy? Extremely. It seems that as time went on, they’ve only fallen further in love. However, they have now fused into a unit like some kind of shitty gundam. They go out of their way to hang out with me and then ignore me. If we watch a movie, they’ll just cuddle and whisper to each other the whole time and not pay attention to anything. We go for a drive and it’s like I’m talking to a wall, no one laughs or reacts or anything. I hang out with one of them for a change and they spend the entirety of our time together texting the other one. I’ve told them before not to invite me places out of pity because it feels like mom and mom couldn’t hire a babysitter so they had to take their child with them on date night but they reassure me that they want me there. It’s like they forget me and ignore me for weeks (one of them lives on my street so I know when they’re hanging out for days on end) and when we do hang out, I feel so unwelcome. We don’t hang out as three friends anymore, it’s them as an individual and me. On the other hand, I’m worried that I’m just demanding too much attention from them because I don’t have a lot of close friends. So, should I bring this up to them at all, or am I overreacting? If I should, how should I go about it without jeopardizing our friendship?

• Edna

When you finally find a special person of your own, you'll bond with that person as a "special unit", just as this couple has done with each other.

Why not stop trying to hang out with them, and find someone special of your own? This couple doesn't really want you hanging out with them, but they're too kind to tell you that to your face.

Just tell them no. You don't need to hang out and then feel left out and what they're doing is really rude. I can see why you feel left out i remember that feeling in high school when i was single there was a girl i was friends with and her and her bf were so annoying together sometimes she would show off for him and act stupid and they were just up each other's a s s e s. I can't blame you for not liking hanging out with them they sound like terrible friends. Just say no and hung up or ignore their calls or text messages.

Sounds like all you are now is a bloody third-wheel. In fact, it sounds like you're cramping their style.

• `

Don't go out with them. Make yourself "unavailable." You must have other friends to hang out with. Problem solved.

• Jahal

Expand your social life. You shouldn't be so dependent on two people for companionship. That means your life isn't fulfilling enough. Start joining group activities, try a new sport, take a cooking class, go to a music festival, take an air bnb vacation in Hawaii. Start volunteering somewhere, animal shelter, church, library..Just get out there and start doing stuff! Oh yes, and ask your friends to fix you up with someone....It's a big beautiful world, go out and explore it!!🌍🌏

• Jane

No I think you are totally right. If they invite you to hang out with them it’s extremely not polite and disrespectful continue to cuddle and kiss pretending they are all by themselves. It’s obvious that you feel like the third wheel. They spend together all the rest of the time there is not need to make you feel uncomfortable. Talk to them honestly and tell them that you are very happy about their relationship but that you feel that way and it makes you feel like you don’t want to hang out with them anymore. Express yourself

• marty

Get yourself a date and just go out with them on a double

• IIIII

same happened with my good friend. i just dont hang out with him so much anymore. wait for them to break up tbh. which may take years rip. couples should be self aware when theyre with other people and know how to act appropriately. they dont sound like that good of friends.