Why is my daughter obsessed with cooking for her boyfriend?

He comes over to our house twice a week. he's in his 30's and she's 26. She buys groceries and cooks for all of us but I notice she is obsessed with cooking for him. I told her once she stops working she won't be able to cook for him anymore which will be pretty soon since she's a teacher and... show more He comes over to our house twice a week. he's in his 30's and she's 26. She buys groceries and cooks for all of us but I notice she is obsessed with cooking for him. I told her once she stops working she won't be able to cook for him anymore which will be pretty soon since she's a teacher and school is almost over for the kids so she won't have anymore income for groceries. She said she's cooking a lot of food today and i told her " oh your boyfriend must be coming over to eat. she said" what's your hang up over him. are you jealous or something because I cook for everybody. You know i love to cook and cater. He doesn't bother you, he's only being kind and respectful." I said " I just don't want her to kill herself if he ever breaks up for you since you put a lot of stock in this relationship. they've been together for years but things happen and i told her that relationships don't last forever. I don't want her shacking up with him like my son is shacking up with his girlfriend now. I told my son he's sinning and that he's wrong for shacking up with a girlfriend. Also, my daughter never goes to her boyfriend's house, but he's over here. She said it's too cramped over there with their small house. I was like " Y'all can go to the park can't you." She said " It's like 100 degrees outside."
1 answer 1