Why are Christians forced to not have fun?

They have fun, it's just not what normal people would consider fun.

• Chi girl
      1 year agoReport

Aww, come on. We all know you're not normal. : )

I have lots of fun, silly. Think again, if you are able.

FEAR they'll upset their imaginary little Space Psycho.

~

Nobody forces me to not have fun. I do what I want to.

• Paul

Not any Christians I know!

My pastor made sure we didn't do that. Legalism in any religion or ideology tends to take the fun out of everything. People like to think that everyone else has to be sensitive about whatever they are sensitive about. You don't need to behave like that.

Romans 14

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • You're not Christian, because you're bisexual.

I have a ton of fun. Maybe you are hanging with the wrong Christians?

To shoes, Desiree, and Machine --

We don't have fun? That's FUNNY!

We Christians enjoy a variety of fun things -- parties, alcohol in moderation, dancing, playing cards, seeing movies, sports, amusement parks, etc., etc. We just omit the activities which would be harmful to ourselves or to others.

We don't miss the "fun" of drinking ourselves sloppy drunk and stupid, and then suffering from what I understand are killer hangovers as a result. We don't miss the "fun" of killing our brain cells with illegal drugs or of getting ourselves so hooked it's nearly impossible to quit, ruining our lives and breaking the hearts of those who love us.

We don't have the "good times" of causing accidents, seriously injuring or killing ourselves or others because we're too blotto or too high to handle a vehicle.

We don't miss the "thrill" of having unprotected sex with random people and the subsequent fear and anguish while we're waiting to find out if we're going to be a parent, to be told we have STDs, or to hear that we're HIV positive.

But, hey, you go ahead. Have your "fun."

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Chi girl
      1 year agoReport

Yes, you certainly are. That's the answer to the question and also to the comments. Too bad it goes over your head.

I have constant fun every day. I just don't get wasted on drug addictions and pick up sexual diseases from people (none of which is real fun obviously)

-----

The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

We still have fun. We go to theme parks, water-skiing, etc. And while we are having a blast forever in Heaven, the unbelievers will be forever banished to the lake of fire. Who will be having fun then? Besides, having a relationship with God is far better than anything this world has to offer.