Observant Jews cannot use cash or credit cards or drive on the Sabbath. How then do they take a vacation longer than 6 days?

I had a Jewish boss who worked on the Sabbath... at least to my recollection. I suppose in Israel they have to comply to the rules, but elsewhere it's up to them whether to comply or not.

• BMCR

You know it is possible to take a vacation and also observe the Sabbath while on vacation, right?

You just don't buy things or drive on that day.

They stay at a Jew's house on Saturday, I suppose.

Once you get where you are going you have your vacation and worship like you do when you are at home. You just don't plan to come home on the sabbath

• Den B7

Buy what you need for the Sabbath on the day before. Prepay for things.

Easy.

They don’t use cash, credit card or drive a car on the sabbath. That is something one can do anywhere. Have you never been to a resort. You can spend weeks on a resort without driving a car or handling money.

I am not religious, however when my wife and visited Japan and New York last year we had days where we spent no money or drove a car. And those days weren’r Even a sabbath.