Observant Jews cannot use cash or credit cards or drive on the Sabbath. How then do they take a vacation longer than 6 days?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

I had a Jewish boss who worked on the Sabbath... at least to my recollection. I suppose in Israel they have to comply to the rules, but elsewhere it's up to them whether to comply or not.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • BMCR
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You know it is possible to take a vacation and also observe the Sabbath while on vacation, right?

You just don't buy things or drive on that day.

• 1 year ago

They stay at a Jew's house on Saturday, I suppose.

• 1 year ago

Once you get where you are going you have your vacation and worship like you do when you are at home. You just don't plan to come home on the sabbath

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Buy what you need for the Sabbath on the day before. Prepay for things.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Easy.

They don’t use cash, credit card or drive a car on the sabbath. That is something one can do anywhere. Have you never been to a resort. You can spend weeks on a resort without driving a car or handling money.

I am not religious, however when my wife and visited Japan and New York last year we had days where we spent no money or drove a car. And those days weren’r Even a sabbath.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.