What should I tell my intellectually disabled son about getting his own place?

My son is intellectually disabled at age 28 he's no where near ready to have his own place and may never be. I hate the thought of crushing his dreams of getting a job having a lisence and getting his own place. I tried letting him have his own place once and it was a disaster. I was afraid for his safety... show more My son is intellectually disabled at age 28 he's no where near ready to have his own place and may never be. I hate the thought of crushing his dreams of getting a job having a lisence and getting his own place. I tried letting him have his own place once and it was a disaster. I was afraid for his safety because of things he was doing. What can I tell him because he's really stressed about it and we certainly don't want that for someone with special needs. He should be relaxed and happy.