Can someone please help me to setup dual monitors?

I have been at this all day and very frustrated. I have a computer with VGA and HDMI. I have first monitor with only a VGA and my second monitor is a VGA and some other hook up, its not HDMI, its like white or something. I added a photo of the second monitor. I had it hooked up before, but I had to move it to another location and can't remember how to do it.

This is what I have:

Monitor with VGA hookup only

Another monitor with VGA hookup and another hookup in photo

Computer I have VGA and HDMI hookup

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Shadow
    Lv 4
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

The one it a DVI-D and the other a VGA. You would need a HDMI to DVI adapter and then a DVI to DVI cable for it to work on the HDMI port. Altrernatively, try to find a HDMI to VGA adapter and then it can be connected like a normal monitor with the VGA to VGA cable.

• 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I finally got it to working.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

The image is low res, but it looks like the other connector is a DVI port, which an older digital video connection standard from before HDMI and DisplayPort standards were around. What you need is an HDMI-to-DVI converter cable, should be around $10 or less.

• 1 year ago

You can use approximately this type adapter

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

VGA is generally inferior analog. The image shows an analog VGA and digital DVI-D.

HDMI has digital audio and video. The DVI-D (and VGA) are video only.

You need an HDMI to DVI-D adapter or cable.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-HDMI-Output-Ad...

• 1 year ago

That white connector is a DVI connector. If your computer has only one VGA output and no DVI connection, you can get an adapter to connect the DVI cable to the HDMI port.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.