Is it insecure that I wear 1 inch insoles in my shoes at 5'9" ( Im a guy)?

not at all

Well, it's not you're wearing high heeled platform shoes (like those gothic/punk ones) to boost your height, but honestly, I don't think 1" much such difference on someone's height in general.

and BTW, it IS healthier for your feet to have some short of heel regardless whether you're a guy or female.

I'm a female and average height, but feel comfortable with my height, but still wear 1" insoles or chunky heeled boots because I can't stand those completely flat shoes, (Converse's I'm looking at you!). As far as high heels goes, I've chronic joint pain in my knees and ankles, so even if I was short, I wouldn't wear them!

• kristy

Yes

Of course it is insecure.

Most of us do SOMETHING to alter out appearance because we prefer how it makes us look compared to without it, make up, hair dye, spanx etc are ALL aids we use to make ourselves look improved.

i dont think so, just wear whatever you want

I don't know about being insecure in general. But, at least for your height, I guess. I'm 5'9" in socal and I too feel kind of short when I am in large public, like in mall or beach. I wish I am at least 1-2 inches taller and feel average height. It seems average height is 5'10" or 5'11" these days. But I don't wear height booster.

Sounds like it. But if it makes you feel better, it's ok, women wear high heels. Simon Cowell wears shoes with heels, that's why his jeans are so long, to cover the heels. I think Tom Cruise wears shoes with heels.

no, its normal we all have something we want to alter

Maybe. If it is, you should keep that in mind for escapades such as swimming, sex etc