Have anyone ever known a job NOT ask for your SSN and/or Driver's License or Identification?

I put the information on the application, not the DL information, but the SSN was on the application. I started this job last month and was hired and never once did they ask me for any id, DL, or SSN. I felt like maybe before I get my first check, they will ask me for the information. To my surprise they handed me my first check. All the jobs I had they always asked for it and made a copy.

I am not getting paid under the table and they are legal.. I just find it hard to believe they didn't ask to see my social or driver's license number.

• Judy

Sounds like they have you working illegally, under the table.

• Eva

They are supposed to have you fill out an I-9. It's a $50 fine for them for every employee that they didn't get one from. Their payroll dept. should know better.

Most companies do not want to make copies of identification anymore but they are required to see if for completion of your I9 information. But that's their problem not yours.

If taxes were withheld properly that there is no reason you have to worry.

The reason companies don't want copies of documents anymore is because if there is an DHS audit (homeland security) the company is not liable for documents that look legitimate but are really fake. However, they are responsible if the documents appear fake. I9 guidelines do not require the employer to keep a copy. Thus, if the employer does not keep a copy, there is no SSN/ID documentation to be reviewed only the physical I9.

Not me.