Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 5 months ago

UK international student applying for Schengen after course end, is it possible?

My UK student visa is still valid for another 2 months but I have finished my year course (which ended in beginning of June, and was clearly stated on my student certification issued by university).

According to schengen visa page on document required = “Letter of acceptance at an EU University/College/School. A recent, official and signed letter stating your name/type of studies/length of studies/part of a European program if applicable/number of hours per week”

Since my course has ended and I’m literally not student of the uni anymore but still have 2 months visa left, can I still apply for schengen visa as to travel there for about a week?

Your answer will be much appreciated!

4 Answers

  • 5 months ago

    You forgot the one critical piece of information; your nationality. Depending on what passport you hold, you may not need a visa to visit Schengen countries at all so check that first.

    If you are from a country that requires you to have a tourist visa, you have left this too late to apply from the UK. You need to have at least three months left on your student visa

  • 5 months ago

    You're not a student; so you can't get a student visa for the Schengen area.

    Look at tourist options.

  • 5 months ago

    Last day of full-time class attendance is the last day your student visa is valid. Your university has already reported to the UK govt that you have completed your program/degree. You do NOT have 2 months left as student status, and must return home. You do not meet requirements to apply for a Schengen visa since you cannot produce current proof that you are still enrolled in school, etc. It's time to pack up and go home.

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

    The U.K. is not part of Schengen.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.