Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 5 months ago

you own a business, would you hire the alcoholic or pothead?

Of the two...the pothead is more reliable because they are constantly in fear of being fired for 'being a pothead'. So they tend to come in early..take on extra projects and they don't call in sick... (although they DO tend to come to work sick and sneezing and that is just awful!)..

An alcoholic will call in sick...or have to take part of a vacation day...or will be late (and then come in reeking and disheveled) and will constantly apologize and say they promise to help and then just fail you and fail their job...and you wind up having to work overtime to do their work because they have HR thinking they have a 'chronic digestive problem'..and then they take the entire department with them when they 'crash and burn'...and then you have THAT on your resume and when you interview...the people do not like to hear that your department failed because of 'someone else with a 'problem' and they tend to think YOU should have overcome someone else's problem..(when they were taking work home and losing it...or sending the wrong things to clients or showing up at a meeting drunk and 'pissy')

So I'd hire the stoner unless the other person had a 'one year sober' coin !

Neither one if I was aware of it before hiring. If I hired and then became aware they would be fired.

None because addicts don't care if it is the company's time when they need that "fix" then they are going to do it.

Eventually it will interfere with work & my business so "NO ADDICTS ALLOWED"

All the best

• John

We have higher standards than that.

Please confirm whether you mean would I hire an alcoholic and would I hire a pothead, or which I would hire if I had to choose, an alcoholic or a pothead. I would hire a recovering alcoholic. I would hire a pothead only if the work didn't require brains and professionalism, and/or is emotionally painful, reugnant or otherwise difficult to do and so the marijuana enhances the their performance of it.

Both have issues...but I have known highly functioning people on both sides...both can be a profitable employee.

Not intentionally.

• DEBS

No .

• Shilo

I'd prefer neither, but of the two, I'd hire a pothead.

as long as its done on their own time and in no way makes the company look bad what the **** does it matter what a person does in their own home?.

• Aaron5 months agoReport

maybe where you live they are criminals but where I live pot is perfectly legal country wide so kindly **** off.