Embarrassed of daughter?

My daughter is 38 yrs old. She's very reserved and "shy" as she claims and it gets on my nerves. Whenever we're out and people come to greet her, she appears distant and isn't as outgoing as my other children. I think it's rude to be quiet and reserved especially when surrounded by... show more My daughter is 38 yrs old. She's very reserved and "shy" as she claims and it gets on my nerves. Whenever we're out and people come to greet her, she appears distant and isn't as outgoing as my other children.

I think it's rude to be quiet and reserved especially when surrounded by people. I don't want her to join our outings anymore because she's embarrassing us. I want her to change and be more inviting and outgoing. She cried when I expressed my feelings to her. Do you think I'm wrong for feeling this way? Is it wrong to want her to change her approach?