My pets are always indoors. Do they still need treatment for fleas and ticks?

• patty

if they are always indoors then no.

If you see them on your pets. My cat was covered in fleas. He dose not go outside. He must of caught them from my dog who had them first. My cat was scratching so much his entire belly went bald. I thought it was a skin condition he would bite and scratch at the brush. I love My cat very much. I don't know what I would do without them. I am so glad he doesn't have them anymore. I can get back to kissing and cuddling him. He purs when I do it

• Ocimom

ONLY if you see them on the cats. Get Capstar just in case. I don't believe in putting chemicals on the cats unless there is a problem. All my cats are 100% inside and none of them have fleas or ticks so I don't put anything on them unless necessary. I also have Capstar just in case.

Not usually, but they can come in on pets you have that go outdoors and they will climb and jump following the animals scent. Even if you don't have outside animals hitch hikers can climb on board your shoes or pants leg and ride in the house, jumping off to look for a Houston.

We had strictly indoor cats that got a flea infestation from my son. He brought them home after he was at a friend house. He forgot to change to clean clothes on the porch since he didn't see much dirt, but the friends have been fighting a bug infestation for a year. He was over cutying back the tree line brush and overgrowth keeping most of the bugs further back from the house.

What color is your sky?

If they get fleas and ticks. Otherwise no.

No. Unless they you have outdoor pets that come in and socialize with them.

But if they never go out, then there's no reason to treat them for that.

Sometimes I leave the door ajar for my pet, and she goes out only on the front porch.

She's an indoor cat and is afraid to go out any further than that. I think seeing the

outdoors is stimulating for pets, all the sounds and smells.

Not always, but fleas are not exclusively outdoors, they can live indoors just fine. Ticks not so much, but with them about, you will have a hitchhiker here and there.

If you find any evidence of fleas or ticks indoors, they will certainly need some form of treatment as well as ridding them indoors.

You don't even need to have pets to have a flea problem, they live and breed in places like your yard,grasses, and shrub.

Yes. Fleas and ticks are very small before they feed (about the size of a pin head). They can latch onto your shoes and you can carry them into your house. When the dog goes outside to use the bathroom, they can pick them up also. Furthermore, they carry diseases... My father in laws dog went blind from a tick bite. Also, heart worm prevention is a must.

No, these parasites are quite visible. They do need treatment in case of an infestation, of course.