Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

Are eggs bad for you?

I’m a 16 athlete. I’m a 6’5 210 lb, 11 percent BF football player and I lift almost every day. I usually eat 4-5 whole eggs along w my 900 calorie shake in the morning but I’ve been reading lately that eggs will make me “die young” and are bad for the heart. I was told to eat 2 whole eggs and as much egg whites as I want but I just want to know if eating 4 eggs everyday is bad for me. Thanks

hell no eggs are good source of protein

You are fine, don't worry.

There is evidence on both sides of this one unfortunately. If you look you can find studies that support eggs and studies against them. The best thing for you to do is to monitor your cholesterol and triglycerides. If they are in healthy regions - keep eating you eggs.

"Are eggs bad for you?"

No overall eggs are NOT bad for you, contrary to what some claim. However four a day is a bit much, you may want to cut that back to not more than two a day. Dietary cholesterol has very little impact on the overall blood serum cholesterol count. However there are some who still cling to what was believed in the mid to late 1970s, through at least the 1990s. The yolks themselves has a lot of valuable nutrients, as well as protein. Also the egg whites while are a great source for protein, are actually poor in terms of overall nutrition, per one hundred grams weight.

No, you can eat eggs daily as long as you do it in moderations

Eggs were dubbed indulgent and unhealthy. ... Eggs have just over one gram of saturated fat and thus were back in favor. But in March 2019, a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association flip-flopped again, concluding that eating an egg a day is linked to a significantly higher risk of heart disease after all.

Eggs are perfectly healthy. The whole cholesterol is bad for you thing was started from a study from a guy that cherry picked what info he wanted to include. He wanted to prove fat and cholesterol were bad for you and he ensured that's what the study showed. In reality cholesterol is essential and our bodies make it if we don't eat enough of it. When we do eat it our bodies make less of it. Dietary cholesterol has little/no effect on blood cholesterol. Eat the yolks. That's where most of the nutrition (aside from protein) is in the egg.

No, eggs are a nutritional powerhouse and are mighty good for you, all the more so seeing as you're an athlete...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQmVW4_vyc

The egg whites are good for you. The egg yokes are loaded with cholesterol, Cholesterol is very bad for the heart which could lead to a heart attack or stroke. What I do is one whole egg and two egg whites. If you have a concern, your general doctor can do a cholesterol test on you....its an ordinary test

• Wendigo
      1 year agoReport

You might want to update your information on cholesterol, unless you think that data from the1990s, and early 2000s is wrong, and needs to be changed back to the findings of the 1970s and early mid 1980s.

• Stoo

You're fine, unless told you have to cut back on cholesterol, which at your age you don't. And that's mostly in the yolk, which is why egg whites are basically good.