Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 5 months ago

Poll: If a energy ball collided into a force field would the energy ball dissolve or would it explode?

I really need this answer, so thanks to any and everyone that shares their thoughts

In your science fiction universe, it can do whatever you want it to do.

not enough info. the ball could just change directions or pass right through, even. What is the "ball" and why is it in a ball form? What is its energy (what manifestation of energy has it presented)? What is the nature of the "field"?

I don't see a true explosion as a likely result of most interactions. chaotic dispersal, sure; intense neutralization, perhaps, but the energy won't explode. the air or whatever is around the zone of interaction might "explode", if there is any matter there to undergo a rapid expansion in the meaning of explosion.

What is an energy ball? Objects contain energy: kinetic, potential, thermal. Light contains energy too. But what is a ball?

What kind of force field? There is gravity, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, and weak nuclear force fields.

Move this question to "physics", but they would need specs on the energy field and force field.

both 'energy balls' & 'force fields' are purely hypothetical ..............

I don’t really know and don’t care.

I don't know; I'm not Obi Wan vs. Darth Vader.