Does he want to be in this relationship or not? I'm SO confused by his behavior!!!!?

My boyfriend and I (he's 26 and I'm 25) we're in a long distance relationship for a year. We were serious about each other but his parents never accepted our relationship although we come from the same culture and religion and we fought for months. They just wouldn't change their minds. We broke up... show more My boyfriend and I (he's 26 and I'm 25) we're in a long distance relationship for a year. We were serious about each other but his parents never accepted our relationship although we come from the same culture and religion and we fought for months. They just wouldn't change their minds. We broke up 3 days ago but we ended it on a good note. These are things he said to me.

"I love you and always will. And absolutely. You don’t have a choice lol we’ll always be in touch. And completely agree and that’s what I’ve been trying to say. Timing is bad but when the time is right, it’ll work out. I won’t give up on you but I don’t think it’s fair for me to tag you along this journey. I’d much rather be in it alone and make it work and keeping you out of harm"

He also said "I love you :/ I wish things were different but listen, gods plan! Well both focus on ourselves now and put our trust in god. it’ll happen babe. I’m serious. We both are genuinely in love with each other and hopefully it’ll be just a phase and things will work out eventually"

He kept calling me "baby" even after breaking up. He also said that he will stay in touch with me and does plan on calling and texting me often. I mean I know we're broken up and I'm not waiting for him to contact me but it breaks my heart that he hasn't tried to reach out to me since the day we broke up. I'm here suffering from all this and I feel that he's okay with it. I honestly hate his parents after all this
1 answer 1