Theft at the work place?

Part of a family business, I have a wood shop in our office furniture warehouse warehouse. Adjacent to my workshop is the workshop for the office furniture, where the re-finisher does all of his work. A few months ago a large maple butcher block went missing, I found it in the refinisher s shop, cut up into... show more Part of a family business, I have a wood shop in our office furniture warehouse warehouse. Adjacent to my workshop is the workshop for the office furniture, where the re-finisher does all of his work. A few months ago a large maple butcher block went missing, I found it in the refinisher s shop, cut up into cutting boards. I was pissed and informed him that it was not garbage and was from my house as I was storing it while I was moving. Then a few weeks ago I noticed some nice pieces of Cherry lumber missing, and I found them cut up in his shop. I kindly spoke to him and said "if you want wood, please ask me, don t just take it from me.

Last week I walked into his shop and I saw another piece of cherry cut up, he said he bought it at home depot, (a lie, they don t sell it). Then today I found part of a desk I was making and it was cut from 30" down to 20". He lied again and said he didn t do it and asked why I accuse him...

Then, our admin assistant asked him and he said, " well, I sprayed a table of his and he didn t tip me".. Mind you, this is during regular business work hours, I don t have to tip him. Furthermore, he is always working on little projects for him or his family or whoever, using our materials, sand paper, my saw/tools & finishing chemicals like lacquer and poly.

My father won t fire him, but he can t be trusted. He knows he won t be fired and that s why he continually does this. I am at my wits end.

Is there a solution?