Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 5 months ago

Should I send my rebellious daughter to boarding school?

My 15 year old daughter is out of control. She always sneaks out of the house really late at night when the family is asleep and comes home in the morning. She hangs out with the wrong crowd and smokes/drinks (I found alcohol and cigarettes while searching her room, probably got it from her older friends). She almost never does her homework and barely passed 9th grade. Every time I try to ground her, she just cusses me out and ends up leaving the house anyways and when I try to stop her, she uses force. We are considering sending her to boarding school in the fall.

I think you mean a school for troubled teens because boarding schools are actually competitive and don’t take on people with problems. Those places(troubled teen ones) tend to have problems with abuse so be sure you do your homework and get recommendations.

If the school will help her learn how to behave I would send her, however I would as a parent also want her to respect me. So I think you should be stricter and more stern. Remind her you are the adult and you will not tolerate her behaviour. Think of some punishments which will make her realise you are serious and she needs to behave better or she will be sent to boarding school.

• drip

How is boarding school going to help? Is it a school for troubled teens? You should done something about this when it first started. Grounding her, really. Did you think that would solve it.

She needs counseling. See her doctor. Ask for references for psychologist that specializes in teens. You need professionals giving you some ideas on the right school for her.

• audrey

Boot camp. She's past any help that a boarding school could give her. And do it now. Before you lose her completely.

Boot camp..........

Yes. Do it.............

They will probably just expel her if she acts that way once she's there. Maybe you should look into boot camp for troubled teens instead.

I would send her to Boot Camp but you are the parent and know what to do, switch off all internets etc and make sure the doors are locked and you have the keys - you are the parent and should know what to do but boarding school wont help as it will be a waste of money.

Your village is missing its idiot, please go home, they want you back for some strange reason