Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 5 months ago

Why did the postmates guy flip out when I told him I'm not allowed to sell anything to him if I find out he's with postmates?

I'm literally just doing my job. The owners want nothing to do with postmates. If I see his bag even, we are to cancel his order.

It isn't one driver. The owner has asked postmates to remove us repeatedly, but they refuse. We've had roo many problems with postmates and they never asked our permission in the first place.

• Jay

Because you are interfering with him doing his job. He gets paid per delivery...not by the hour.

If the owner has an issue with ONE particular postmate driver then why would he take it out on all postmates drivers? Sounds like what your boss is asking you to do is illegal

Because he's on a tight deadline to deliver the goods to his customer and your store policy is impeding this. He was just doing his job too. Honestly, I've never heard of an establishment who does not accept Postmates orders. They're paying for the goods and there is nothing wrong with Postmates. It sounds like your boss had a bad experience with Postmates so he's banning it from his store. Dumb idea! Especially if it's located in a metropolitan area where pretty much everyone orders on these delivery apps.

he probably was confused by the idea that your boss would want to turn down perfectly good business