Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 5 months ago

Does doing gymnastics during your growing ages stop you from growing tall and give you a chubby body?

I'm not short neither am tall and have started puberty 3 years ago now I'm 13. So I do gymnastics and my mum says I don't grow because of it. Is this true? she says to stop it till I grow a little taller.

• Fred

Your height is determined by your inherited genetics and has nothing to do with gymnastics.

• Josie

No. = overstressing joints MAY give you arthritis in later

life but won't affect height.

• ron h

intense aerobics can make you stop producing estrogen. REALLY intense. Next time you go to a doc, ask that he talk with your mother. A CHUBBY body? Look for some pics and video of gymnasts.

• edward

A girl i know was a gymnast, she was average girl height at 5 foot 6. But like all gymnasts, she was not chubby, she was fit

Your mum is blowing smoke gas.

Your growth is determined by your genes and your nutrition. It you have tall genes and you eat well. you'll grow tall even on the parallel bars. Otherwise...not.

• kelvin

none of that is true