Why do people degrade Community College?

I really do not understand why people degrade community college. What’s the difference between going to Yale vs going to community college then transferring to a 4 year institute?. I mean let’s be FACTUAL here, you most likely won’t make any more money then someone starting off at a Community college. Not that serious. Also, LESS DEBT. AND u can possibly get a scholarship to transfer into a instate university soo you’ll be going to a university for FREE.

I never understood the reason for someone feeling as if they MUST attend a university like Yale, Harvard, ect. Lol. What’s the point? A CRAP LOAD OF DEBT?. People nowadays are making 5x-10x more money not even going to college..being there own boss.. there doing great. So there’s no need for all of the EXPENSIVE colleges.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

CC is fine. My aunt started there and makes over $100,000 a year :)

• cool
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Marduk has hit the nail on the head:

'They have $100K of college debt and want you to have the same. Misery loves company.'

Strictly speaking, nobody degrades Community College per se. They degrade concepts like self-reflection, intellectual freedom and moral fortitude.

Modern day universities are speculative assets; the purpose of university is to inflate rents, depress wages and increase socio-economic inequality.

Those are the main goals but they like to pick up extra points along the way:

If we can push students towards depression or even suicide, great!

If we can prevent otherwise normal people from being able to find relationships, (due to the increasingly lengthy times taken to complete both undergraduate and graduate degrees) great!

If we can devastate whole communities by making them reliant on one or two destructive local corporations, (such as DuPont) great!

If we can turn teenagers into hedonistic drones, willing to abuse children, the environment and themselves in exchange for a pat on the head from the Chief Financial Officer, great!

Nobody truly supports 'university' or 'education', because if they did, why would drop out rates be so high?

Why would so many parents refuse to read the financial aid award letter, if education were deemed 'so important'?

They DON'T value education.

They value the social safety and respect they receive, when they boast of how they sacrificed their child on a 10 year PhD program for jobs that don't exist, or a medical degree where 'empowered women' are expected to submit to invasive and dangerous procedures in order to receive a pass mark.

University has always been a waste of time, it was just a question of where you wasted your time, and with whom.

But now your local middle class parent wants their child to give up their health, intellect, and ironically, workplace skills, in order to gain a degree in repetition...

• 5 months ago

Manchester United is a far better performing football team compared to Liverpool

• 5 months ago

Because some believe an ivy league is better

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Some bc they didn't achieve anything & are simply jealous. Others bc they've been brainwashed into believing Ivy League "elite" propaganda. The rest??? Hateful souls who relish inflicting emotional pain.

• 5 months ago

Easy, CC's are not as hard to get into. So they'll take just about anyone who breathes (and can pay the tuition).

Which means a lot of CC students really shouldn't even be in college in the first place. And to a point, those who should be in college frequently go on to a four-year university after their second year in CC.

But the elite universities will admit only about 10% of the applicants; so their students were the smartest and best in academics while in HS. And that means they'll likely be the smartest and best in college and then in the workforce after graduation.

And before you push back and say, "That isn't always the case," of course it isn't always the case. When it comes to humankind, there are always exceptions. But hiring HR's can't deal with the exceptions, they have to go with the most likely cases. And that's simply that on average the CC's do not have as good student body as the universities do.

• 5 months ago

denigrate, not degrade

• Kae5 months agoReport

Please shut up. I said what I said. “Degrade”. Why do people DEGRADE (Disrespect) Community college”

• Marduk
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They have $100K of college debt and want you to have the same. Misery loves company.

• cool
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

It's not just about the debt, many social engineers see education as a way to break a student's soul and spirit...

• 5 months ago

I went to community college for a trade and do make a lot more than many people with four year degrees make. It is less prestigious, though ...as they accept anyone. They're also geared towards the poor and older students ...again, people of lesser prestige.

I don't feel self-conscious about my education and can easily laugh about it. People who do feel self-conscious should probably choose a different route.

• 5 months ago

I'm not really sure. It's silly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.