Would you pay $9 for a hamburger at a farmer's market?

I went to a local FM and a guy was there cooking food. I looked at the posted menu and the price of a hamburger was $9 and a cheeseburger was $15. I though "Wow! They must be HUGE or fancy in some way, but they looked like ordinary burgers to me. I could buy a family-size package of hamburger in the supermarket for less!

Depends on the size & quality

• denise

If it came with fries & 'fixins' yes, you'd expect to pay more at a farmers market / fayre.

Not ever. If it was a burger platter, then yes, but just a burger? Nope.

• At that price it should come with some hooves

debodun, it depends where you were. That is not an unusual price in some places. Yes, I would pay it. I would presume it would be grass-fed beef, cooked to my liking and placed on an artisan bun with garnishments also from the market. Would I go there regularly for that burger? Depends how good it was.

If I was hungry................

I probably won't if it's just an ordinary cheeseburger. If it was in a 'Gordon Ramsay' level food, I probably will spend about $30.

Hamburgers at casual restaurants in my area are $10-$20, so $9 is a bargain.

That sounds like a standard price where I live. You have to factor in many things when buying convenience foods like the effort they went to so you could eat it. I'd pay $9 but $15 is too much for my budget.

I wouldn't pay $9 for an ordinary hamburger. And if I was somehow so desperate as to pay $9 for the hamburger, I would go to a cheese stand at the market and buy far less than $6 worth of cheese to put on it myself.