Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 5 months ago

Please, help. I never studied High School because I droped out in 9th grade and then nobody wanted to take me a few months later. Can I sue?

When I was 16 I dropped out of High School in 9th grade.

After 2 months I wanted to go back, but no High School wanted to take me because I had missed 2 months of classes.

Can I sue?

Sue? What would your attorney say? “Your honour, the school is being very unfair to my client. The school is discriminating against my client for being a complete idiot and deciding to drop out of high school. Hashtag IdiotLivesMatter” lol. In all seriousness, my best advice to you is to see if you can go back the next school year and offer to start your freshman year over in the 2019-2020 school year. If you’re lucky and that’s a big if, they’ll let you start at the beginning of your freshman year next year.

• ?

I don't know the answer to that question. But legal action will take a whole lot of energy and time. Why not use the same energy and time to study for your GED ? If you pass the GED, it's the same thing as having attended highschool. Good luck!

• audrey

No. You dropped out. Your fault, no one to sue but yourself.

No. If you got a proper education you would know that.

See an attorney.

Sounds like discrimination to me!