Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 5 months ago

What is a good way to get rid of hiccups?

I have hiccups that just won't go away and it's driving me crazy! Any ideas on how to get rid of them?? They are very powerful hiccups... Please help before I go insane!

• Carson

I exhale and drink water until i have to inhale.

It simulates drowning and works for me.

Singing, correctly also does

• Stacey

i find farting gets rid of them

It's possible you might be having a myocardial infarction. Get yourself to A&E//ER straight away.

If of course you are joking, please ignore my genuine advice! I

Source(s): Clinical manifestations of acute myocardial infarction can be more than just chest pain. Patients can present with dyspnea, fatigue, heart burn, diaphoresis, syncope, and abdominal pain to name a few. Our patient was a 74-year-old male with a past medical history of type 2 diabetes mellitus, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and COPD due to chronic tobacco use, who presented with persistent hiccups for 4 days and no other complaints. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/cric/2018/7237454...
    • Brexit Ear

Occasional hiccups are nothing, we all have those. It is when they persist for longer than a day I would see a doctor!

Make yourself believe you don’t have them.. Weird but it works.

Drink ice water. ...

Drink from the opposite side of the glass. ...

Slowly drink a glass of warm water without stopping to breathe.

Drink water through a cloth or paper towel. ...

Suck on an ice cube. ...

Gargle ice water.

Source(s): Google