Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 5 months ago

Please Help.I think my mom might be stealing my money. I do not have access to my bank account but she does and it is drained. What do i do?

I am a minor btw which means legal until I turn 18 she has control over my bank account

Even if you are a minor that needs your mother's written authorization to conduct ANY transactions on the account, if it is YOUR account in any way, you DO have access to the account.

You also conveniently omitted EVERYTHING about the source of funds where the money went. It is ENTIRELY possible the funds where spent on things your money is legally REQUIRED to be spent on.

What you do is actually GET A CLUE. Based only on what you say here, there is nothing wrong with whatever happened.

Is this more of the "my mom has been awarded Power of Attorney and is spending my SSD money on herself? I thought I explained this in detail yesterday.

Let me get this right - you have no access to your bank account BUT you know it's been drained. You either have access or you don't.

Mention this to your Psychiatrist at your next appointment.

• Summer5 months agoReport

Because I get around $350 per paycheck and thats around $700 a month. And I have been working at my job since Jan and on my most recent pay check it says that I have made over $3000 dollars. I have maybe spend $700-$800 of that. So where is the rest of the money?

Have a beer or two, or seven. And see if you can still manage to think it over.

A glass of vodka for lady

• martin

If this money came to you by way of inheritance or gift, so that it's truly your own money, then you have to report this to the bank. Accounts are insured by the federal government.

• Summer5 months agoReport

What if its my pay checks from work?

You need to talk to her as soon as possible. It might not be her, your bank account might have been hacked, in which case you need to report it to your bank straight away. You need to talk to mommy.

Why don't you have access to "your" account? And why does she? It sounds like it is HER account, not yours. You are going to have to explain a bit more if you expect us to believe you.

• Summer5 months agoReport

She says that I have no more money. The only reason why I think she might be taking my money is because she is the only who can put my checks into the bank account and take money out. However she can also put my checks into her account. I really dont know what to do

Firstly, talk to her about it. Confront her. If you do that and she denies it, see if she seems concerned. If not, call the cops on her thief ***. It's all about intentions. And be safe.