Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships ยท 6 months ago

My dad try to control me. what should i do?

i also help pay for the house(mostly my brother, since i am paying for the debts for my family)

@carrie my dad wont ever let me leave him.

he keep deciding who i should date. he won't let me do whatever i want

he won't let me see any guys i interested in. i mean he doesn't like any of the guys i like

@carrie btw i am in my twenties

Favorite Answer

If you live under his roof and eat the foo he pays for and you are at school and underage - then he's entitled to control a large portion of your life because you wouldn't be able to cope in the outside world without him. On the other hand, if you are an adult, independent with a job and a home of your own, you just be polite and respectful to your father but do your own thing. This all depends on how old you are and we don't know that do we.

Just read your update. He owes you by the sound of it. You should do as you please and he will just have to put up with your decisions. You are an adult and he is a man indebted to you.

My dad try to control me. what should i do? Why should it be a problem?

Get an apartment

Leaf...........!

get a job and move

• Zhin

He care all about you

No you're still immature to live by yourself, so give a homage to him

• carrie

When you are old enough you can leave home.

Call the police immediately, and take action.