Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 months ago

Is star trek actually based on real life alien interactions?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

It is predicting the future.

• Nāga
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is - that's why I don't wear red shirts anymore.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Sure it is, Aliens walk among us every day. Want to know more? Send me cash.

• 6 months ago

Yes, they are based on fact. We paid millions in the 1960's to have the Enterprise built.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

No - Gene Rodenberry said that he was using a sci-fi /fantasy setting to comment on real life political and social issues , eg the cold war (the Klingons loosely representing Russia etc)

• 6 months ago

Star trek is based on the way that things are actually like in the universe ....The show was meant to get people accustomed to the fact .... For when Earth gets the truth about things.

• The Book of David
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

You may have a point about the public needing to be broken in gently. After all, you believe we have already been contacted by ET life, and are not handling it very well.

• No, it's based on the mind of Gene Roddenberry.

• RR
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes! Some of my best friends are Klingons.

• 6 months ago

No, it's just a show, It has been said that NASA did pick up a few things from the early show that they could use.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

if there is an alien called Klingon who look like a racoon, then the humanity is finished.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

We would be very arrogant to think ourselves the only intelligent life in the Universe.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.