Best witty comebacks to someone saying they are superior and smarter than you?

Really Need it for this narcissistic asshole at my job who thinks he’s superior than me

I would say amusement is as good a comeback as any. A form of dismissal of the value of the person's claim.

You do have to actually feel the amusement though for it to work. It is a dismissal of the person as having any worth to you to even bother with. this is precisely the opposite of what they are trying to make you feel. I am smarter than you so bow to me. harhar right, not happening because not true and even if it were true, it makes no difference at all to anything.

A pretend laugh can be seen for what it is. You have to really dismiss the person in your heart and brain. Once you do that, whatever he has to say is of no importance to you anyway, so problem is pushed to the side where it belongs.

There is no "comeback" in words that will actually work, especially not one that you had to borrow. There is a simple dismissal of the person as unworthy of any of your attention, which sounds like the truth in this situation.

You have to see the person for what he is, and show it. He has no power over you. He only has the power you give to him.

• Roger

"You're half right."

• Beast

"well, aren't we King of the Walk."

"well, how dare the sun rise without your permission."

"I would lick your boots but I've had lunch today."

"Take a bow every time you hear thunder."

Hands-down, the best thing you can do, is wait for them to say anything, and just start laughing out loud at them.

It can be hard to get started, but once you begin laughing, even dishonestly, it comes a little easier. Then you just let yourself double over as you laugh harder and harder. Point at them as you keep laughing, pretending to try fragments of a sentence before exploding into laughter again.

Eventually, you'll be laughing so hard, that you'll actually be a little happier, and they will be *extremely* uncomfortable, trying to figure out why they're so funny, or what you know that they don't...works every time.

Maybe try with a friend first just to develop some sort of technique.

This is absolutely evil.

"Yeah? Well, I had sex with your wife."

However, it sounds like he might be.

"...superior TO me."

The Jerkstore called, and they are running out of you.

hththtrhtrhtrhtrhtrhtrhtrhththrthtr