Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 5 months ago

Does it look bad to be a full time college student for 6 years for a b.a.(a 4 year degree)?

12 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

Unless you've taken time off for internships, that's bad. Full time is usually 15 credits per semester. If it takes you six years, you must be repeating classes or changing majors.

• BHonest5 months agoReport

Wow! A lot of holier-than-thou answers being doled out.

NO ONE will know it took you 6 yrs to graduate...UNLESS you TELL them. But there's nothing to

be ashamed of! Tons of legit reasons for taking longer-like an intellectual disability, bereavement

leave for a tragedy/death or changed majors.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Don't listen to these people, IT DOES NOT LOOK BAD. Everybody has personal reasons as to why they didn't graduate within four years. Some people take a year off to work and save up for school so they won't be in debt. Some people change majors, some people transferred to a different school because they didn't like their other school and their credits didn't count towards their new school. The important thing is that you finish your degree and move on. You have 40 years to work for the rest of your life, that is a long time to work. 6 years is just a tiny portion of your life.

• 5 months ago

Yes, because that's an enormous amount of money wasted on tuition, living expenses and books for a degree that could have acquired in four years if the student had focused. A future employer won't care, but the parents supporting the student certainly will.

• juliet
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Nobody cares! At all. Just do your thing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Look bad to who? Your parents, friends, school administration, prospective employers? For someone to be a full-time student and take 50% longer to earn a BA/BS degree, that person would have either failed or withdrawn from a lot of classes and or changed their major very late in the process.

Employers don't ask how long you were in school. They only want to know when you graduated, your major, and sometimes you're GPA. How other people feel about that processes would be individual.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i dont think so

• 5 months ago

No. I worked two jobs to do it.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes it’s hard to do that unless you keep transfer or changing majors. Part time would be fine but full time is typically failed classes. Steve these people typically have someone else funding their education. I mean the career students. It’s rarely their own money.

HARD to do that?!

What have you been smoking? CLEARLY you've either never gone to college or you're just a bitter troll trying to bring someone down The REVERSE of what you said is true! It's hard TO graduate in 4 yrs, esp if one's major reqs more than min 120 credits - like English Ed (150cr reqd)

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Well, yeah. I don't know anyone who needed 6 years to finish a 4 year degree.

@BHonest

Or maybe I do? Are you going to debate who "I" know? What's with the random assumptions?

Then you must be running in a different circle & don't know very many college educated people. 🤣😅

• Steve
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Hell yeah. What the hell's your problem? Either get on the ball or get the hell out because all you're doing is running up TREMENDOUS debt. And if you're majoring in something that ends in "... Studies", then you've REAAAAAALLY screwed yourself over. Not even McDonald's would hire you.

And FYI - the debt doesn't automatically increase whenever it take longer than 4 yrs to graduate. The person may commute to school daily. They may live with parents. And guess what? Whether it takes 4 yrs or 6 yrs...120 credits is going to cost the same amt (give or take a couple of dollars). 😂

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.