How to get over crush on manager?

*Ignore the pic plz, i'm a girl lol*

Anyway. So, i have a crush on the assistant manager at my pizza job. I haven't been there long and he has grown on me. He's helpful, yet stern, i like his voice, he's good looking in a strange way lol. I don't get too personal with him, so i didn't know he had a gf. She was gone for a week staying with family because they had a falling out. Me and him went to the movies while she was gone because i really wanted to see John Wick. We had a chill time but he didn't try anything as i had hoped. Anyways, she came back and i thought me and him were going to try moving forward because i was sure they had broken up. (They went outside and argued and she took his house key. I wanted to call the police on her, he said no.) I gave him a ride home the night she was back and he texted me saying he hopes i don't think too much of his treat to the movies and that him and her back on good terms and she took back the engagement ring he got her... wtf? I feel really played...

• Janet

You refuse to allow yourself to dwell on thinking about him.

You never look AT him. When he tells you something about your work and you must reply, look at a point in space 3' to one side of his face and never look AT him. The rest of the time, do not look at him at all.

It takes about 4-8 months of diligent effort.

If you cannot make it work, quit your job and go work elsewhere.

The time to get over him was before you allowed yourself to have a crush in the first place. A crush is what happens when we are not happy or confident with ourselves and our life, and we mistakenly believe that someone else can "fix" this for us.

The fact is that relationships no longer give us security since so many of them end.

And that we are never happier in a long-term relationship than we were happy before the relationship.

The more we hope to find security and happiness from someone else, the more upset we end up becoming with them . .and this breaks up the relationship.

• Brian

This is why it's not a good idea to dip your quill in the company ink so to speak. He needed a friend and you were there. Nothing more. It seems as if you lead yourself on with him. As you say he didn't try anything with you so that should have told you where you stood. Sorry about this but that's just how it is here.

• Eva

You weren't played. He's been nothing but honest with you. Now you know why it's not a good idea to get involved with someone at work. When it doesn't work out, it's uncomfortable for everyone to the point you might want to leave your job.

Why do you feel played though? It's not like he promised you anything or lied to you or even touched you so that you would have free rein to think there as a chance with him.

You wanted to see a movie, he was probably bored and lonely...doesn't sound he feels the same way about you so yeah...you'll have to stop thinking of him as a romantic possibility and find someone who is unattached. And ideally not at work, for what are hopefully now obvious reasons.