Why do people take so long to respond to text messages despite them being on social media all day?

Almost every person I know takes long to respond to text messages and I don't get it. If you're really busy, you wouldn't be on social media all day long. It just makes me angry because it's rude and it's like I'm not even important. When Im really busy I text someone that I will talk to them later instead of not answering at all

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They just don’t feel like answering you. They are busy doing other things and aren’t making you a top priority. If they are on social media, clearly they have the time. Find friends who value you.

• 8 months ago

And how do you know they're on social media all day? Sounds a bit creepy stalkerish if you know how long people are online. If you're referring to messenger, sometimes the green light may make it seem they're online but they're really not. Mine gets weird sometimes and shows me as active when in reality I'm doing other things.

Keep in mind the world doesn't revolve around you and that in the grand scheme of things you aren't as important as you like to think you are. It's nice when people are courteous and reply to texts in a timely manner, but they are in no way obligated to do so. Once you accept this you'll be less angry about the lack of replies.

• Starpower248 months agoReport

How am I stalkerish? Instagram tells u when ur friends like a post. and I never said the world revolves around me. I just think its rude to not respond to someone for hours with no explanation but clearly u took it the wrong way

• 8 months ago

Your standards on some replying to you with text message responses your standard. Doesn’t make you right or wrong .

You might be chasing people away with anger and your standards

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.