Loose love handles; gain abs.?

I know it’s going to take dedication and consistency and time. Pretend I know nothing and I wanna know what I can do to get rid of the love handles; as well as gaining a toned core. Starting from waking up in the Am; I work a lot so going to the gym is a possibility but at home would be better for core. What should and shouldn’t I eat? I need help aha anything would be blessed!

Thank you!

You should eat a low carb diet; not no-carb as the body does need some, but low carb. Lean meat, leaf and stalk veggies, and salads are what you should eat. Potatoes and yams, root veggies, baked goods, and empty sugars are what you should not.

Note that a completely no-carb diet could result in constipation; so try to have one serving of fruit and cereal each day to avoid that unpleasantness. And plenty of no-sugar fluids will help that cause as well.

As to exercise, you don't need gyms or fancy equipment. Sit-ups will build up your abs and reduce those love handles. Push-ups will build up your bi- and tri-ceps. So will pull-ups if you can find something around the house to pull up on. Finally sit squats and running will build up your leg muscles. The running long distances will increase your endurance as well.

And there you are: all the muscle areas are accounted for without every going to a gym of marginal value.

Source(s): USNA graduate, USNA has an intensive PE program for all its students.
  • Logan

There is nothing complicated about losing weight. Low carb, low fat, high protein - doesn't matter. If you're not going to be counting calories or macros, just eat half as much as you had been. Weigh yourself daily and calculate weekly averages. Each months see how much you've lost. If you are loosing less than 4 pounds a months eat less. Yes it will help if you eat healthy, that's not hard either, include grains vegetables fruit and high protein source in every meal. Abs will start to show on a woman at 18% body fat.