Do you think it is wrong for a christian to have a firearm?

Some believe in case a christian has a firearm, should use it only for hunting ( for food ) or for sports such as in a target shooting contest. But never against another human ( not even in a life or death situation )

Not for self defence

No..................

Mr. Saturday night special

Got a barrel that's blue and cold

Ain't good for nothin'

But put a man six feet in a hole

Lynard Skynard

“Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword."

Jesus

• Kilroy J

Hoppy - exactly. Jesus was smart - He told them to bring a sword to the garden so that later he could give them one lasting lesson in showing love. If he hadn't told them to buy them (they normally didn't carry them) ,we wouldnt marvel at his love when he healed the injured mans ear.

No.....................

• bubba

I think its wrong for anyone to own a firearm , in this day and age there is no need for anyone to have one , sadly too many people have them so lots of people want them too,

• Santa2

"And by peace he shall kill many"
      "Horrible mischief would ensue were half the world deprived of arms"
      "The great idea is that every man be armed"
      "By ensuring that every man take part in the performance of military duties, we give our country the best chance for a lasting peace."

• There is nothing wrong in owning a firearm, it's how they are used that is important. I'm Christian and have owned many guns and currently own a gun. I've hunted since I was 14, eating what I have killed. I would never use a gun toward a fellow human being. There is nothing wrong with using guns for target practice either, just don't use the image of a person as a target. I no longer hunt but still have my shotgun, my guns and ammo have always been kept in different locations and out of the reach of others.

• Justin5 months agoReport

Jesus wasnt a Vegan and never tried to be. Your opinion is invalid

• Grace

If any are used for hunting they should be locked up and required by law to do so.

• Hoppy5 months agoReport

Sport, hunting, home/ family protection.

A true Christian? Yes.

Jesus said turn the other cheek AND chastised Peter for swiping a sword.

Of course the people here who try to meld American history with Christianity... an odd combination... will be irate at my answer.

Christianity in this world is not convenient.

• Justin5 months agoReport

I guess you overlooked when Jesus made a whip and attacked people for behaving incorrectly

A firearm is neutral. It can be used for good or for evil. There's nothing wrong with using it to defend oneself or others.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Paul

Like anything else, a firearm can be used responsibly or irresponsibly. Using it to threaten others needlessly, to show off, to hold up a store, etc. is irresponsible. Storing it in a place where children (young or older) can have access to it is also irresponsible. Using it for target shooting, hunting, or as a means of defending your family in an extreme situation, is responsible.