How do I submit a story about a man fighting to see his child?

Get a literary agent. What are you submitting to? A magazine, or a book publisher?

• Cogito

If you're just trying to help a friend, don't do anything without his written permission.

It could do his legal case more harm than good.

And if he's not allowed to see his son, you need to be aware that there may be an excellent reason why he's not been given shared custody or access.

I was recently involved in a case where everyone was shouting for this guy to have custody of his daughter, but when it got to court, it turned out that he'd beaten his ex-wife for years, had tested positive for cocaine and heroin and had once sexually assaulted the child.

None of his friends had the slightest inkling that he'd done any of that. They were all terribly embarrassed that they'd supported him.

Just be careful!

• Cogito

If he goes to court, they'll allow him access if he really did do no wrong.
      But do bear in mind that you do NOT know that he did no wrong. You just believe that.
      Only a court can help him and if he really want to see his child, he'll accept that court involvement is the only way.

So based on your comment, what you have is a concept based in reality. Nobody buys story concepts. They buy completed, polished stories for publication.

If the guy has billboards, then surely the media is aware, so you don't need to contact TV or print media to give them a story tip.

I don't know that there's anything you can do with this unless you want to try your hand at writing, using the reality of these billboards as a jumping off place for a work of fiction.

Submit a story for what? Publication in a magazine? Publication as a book? If you're trying to become a published author and you have a manuscript, you need to first get a literary agent. The agent, if he/she likes your work, will then attempt to sell that work to a publisher. That's how it works to get a manuscript published.

• NoRacism5 months agoReport

I guess just to get this guy some help, he has placed several billboards throughout Georgia telling his son he loves him, I just feel this guy should get some kind of national attention