Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

A student of mine told me that due to their anorexia, they have trouble focusing and concentrating. Is this true?

She told me she has a hard time studying in the evenings because she exercises excessively so when she comes home she is exhausted and hungry. She was confiding these feelings to me and she is so beautiful that it broke my heart. Is this normal among sufferers?

She is so put together, beautiful, and clean looking. She said it started one day when she was at her boyfriends birthday dinner and she found out in front of his entire family that he lied to her and the family all started smirking at her. She said something switched inside her to tell her she wasn't good enough. She told me she brought over a gift for her boyfriend that same evening and one for his mother who also happened to be celebrating her birthday as well. She said the boyfriends family would almost emotionally bully her. She is one of the kindest students and I feel horrible for her. Can one event cause something like this?

Probably true, anorexia can cause extreme exhaustion as the body hasn't got enough fuel

• A.J.

If you want to have sympathy for the things people do to themselves that is your business. I would only refer her to a psychologist. She can withdraw from the course in higher optional education. People are going to do what they want to act, and react and act how they react. When Donald Trump was elected President and has continued support for people who aren't wealthy-greedy, all bets are off in thinking and acting logically. I've decided the world is full of unstable people.