Would you date someone hiv positive?

• AJ

Absolutely No, I would not date someone HIV positive.

• cat

No, I wouldn't. Just being honest.

Possibly.

Dating anyone with a health issue means that their health issues will cause complications in your relationship. I know a guy whose wife didn't disclose her health issues during the dating period. Now, her health complications have caused issues in their marriage. Things come up where he can't pursue a career because he's taking care of his wife.

It's a sucky way to look at things, but if you're not mature enough to handle the person's health issues, it can cause resentment. Especially if you didn't know about them when dating.

No, I wouldn't, no offense.

Nope.

I have no problems being friends with that person, hanging out, etc. But dating is an entirely different relationship - I, like most folks, want a partner that I can be physically intimate with and that's not happening with someone who has a disease that can kill you.

• Kelly

Sorry but no, I would not.

Not a popular answer but it's a truthful one. I don't want the risk of contracting it myself.

No. I dont want to get hiv, and wouldn't ever date a women who had not conducted herself like a lady. A women who has any promiscuity in her past, or who was a drug addict. HIV and AIDS is completely preventable;e disease. all you have to do to not get infected is n0t have unsafe promiscuous sex and not inject drugs into your body. Any women who chose to do those things would not be eligible for a ratio ship to a desirable gentleman or man of higher rank

• john6 months agoReport

when choosing a partner and a wife. We are naturally attracted to healthy women bc they are the most likely to have children and be good mothers. it is perfectly reasonable to not be attracted to someone who is clearly irresponsible, unhealthy, and dying.

Honestly? Not intentionally.

I'm not thrilled about my answer, but it's the cold, ugly truth.

My answer might change depending on my age/stage of life. I'd be more inclined if I was older, had no dependent kids, didn't want to HAVE more kids, etc.