how can i stop being nervous & be confident instead?

i have ptsd and as a result have a bad nervous disposition, i'm easily startled and panicked in public, get flustered easily by people...how do i conquer this problem for good and be a confident, cool, fearless man?

i am already very strong mentally and have got through things that many people couldn't of coped with - got through it alone, with no help, except my beloved parents.

i just want to defeat this nervousness and fear of people and be confident like a knight in old english literature.

and yes, i am british and a man in my forties.

I had PTSD and it was severe. One day when i was in my 30s, i decided i was sick of it. So i found a therapist who deals with PTSD clients. I did the work it took to recover. It took a while, but these days i do great (and i'm feisty too!)

WORK and EFFORT is what it takes. Along with a good therapist, you might find some good advice if you google PTSD Self-Help

• PTSD should be reserved for combat and rape / serious assault victims. Too many people claim PTSD and it's just stress because they've been bullied. What a bunch of gay wimps.

If you've really gotten a PTSD diagnosis you should be in treatment for that condition. That's a thing that rarely gets better on its own.

• They are probably one of those stupid Tumblr whores that didn't get enough likes and then claims PTSD.

Quit being a gay crumpet and act like a man! Watch some masculine movies like John Wayne and learn how to have swagger with other people and exude confidence.