Do you think it should be against the law for pregnant women to smoke and drink liquor?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Best answer

All of France would have been in prison 40 years ago and going back further. No. I don't believe there should be laws controlling people in the privacy of their home. People know the problems that can arise and if they make bad choices they may have to live with the consequences.

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Actually no, it didn't 'mean nothing.' There are many demonstrated health risks associated with maternal smoking. Babies of mothers who smoke are more likely to be small -- and premature -- and have a wide range of other issues. (Which still doesn't mean it should be illegal, of course.)

• 5 months ago

Think about what you are suggesting.

What do you really think would happen....every pregnant woman is going to be assigned to be watched by the pregnant police to be sure they do not smoke or drink liquor?

That idea is ludicrous. What is next, policing of what people eat? What they do in the bedroom?

Listen, what happens under the bridge, stays under the bridge.

• 5 months ago

I think that people should have the common sense these days to know they shouldn't drink or smoke pregnant. Even if it were law in doubt that would stop everybody. Some people break the law everyday.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No I don’t think so

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Considering the fact that social drinking and smoking aren't illegal. it would be highly illegal to try to pass a law that discriminates ONLY against pregnant women and prohibits them from drinking or smoking while they're pregnant. It would be a violation of her civil rights and an invasion of her privacy. The SCOTUS wouldn't let that law stand for ever 15 minutes.

• 5 months ago

You can mislead the law any time. But you can t mislead your own body in any point of your life. Whenever you are trying to override your limit, your body will give you some problem called disease. It may be Diabetes, Hypertension, or else.

Likewise if your smoke, or drink against the law. You can be safe most of the time. But still your baby would have lot of complications. Some of these may be lethal.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No - waste of police time, money and efforts when the system needs to concentrate on the more serious crimes within the world I think. This is just teedius and its down to the individual. Their child their ways - some people don't deserve children if they chose to abuse it but that is the way it is unfortunately

• 5 months ago

Only an idiot would think that.

• 5 months ago

Take it one step further.

Make it against the law to have children since you are bringing them into a hostile world.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No......................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.