Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

How do I force feed myself without throwing up?

I've been trying to force feed myself so I can get to a healthy weight, but when I try to eat I start gagging then throw up.

I'm inclined to think that the person who can advise you about this is a dietitian. That's not to say that you don't also need help from a mental health professional.

The first thing to do is to talk with a doctor about your problem.

• Alfred

well, it sounds to me you need professional psychological and medical help in real life, in your area: both of a nutritionist and of a psychiatrist/ psychologist thereof, with no further delay...yes

Schedule an appointment with your family doctor. When the doctor asks what brings you in today show them what you have written here. Use that as a basis for having a frank discussion on how you are doing. They can do a full physical and neurological workup to see if you have a medical condition that needs to be addressed. They can also check if anything you are taking or doing may be causing or contributing to your issue. Based on their initial evaluation they may want to hospitalize you for a few days so they can observe you force-feeding yourself to see what is causing this reaction and then make some changes so that no longer happens.