Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 6 months ago

If I call someone from a public pay phone, can they know my location?

I'm not commiting a crime or anything of that kind. I live in California and I want to call someone, but I don't want them knowing my location. If I use a public pay phone in the street, will they know what city I'm in from the area code?

If so, can I hide my number using the *67 if I'm using a public pay phone?

the phone provider will know but the payphone will just show up as a single number regardless of which payphone it is. and no you cant use the vertical service codes to block it as those are all blocked directly.

• Carl N

Since it s not likely that the payphone will be moved anytime soon, I d say someone knows. No, Vertical Service codes (* anything) don t work.

• SRΛSC

I don't think it would matter either way.

It depends on whether the pay phone allows or blocks caller ID.

Try calling someone else from it first and find out before you call the party you are afraid of.

where would someone find a public pay phone. I haven't seen one of those since 2010

you can hide it from the callee , but not the NSA . they monitor all 5 billion phones on earth .

Source(s): Bush's 2007 homegrown radicalization and terrorist act ,sec1955d