why is toyota america's most popular car brand?

Because I can buy a used one for $3000-5000 that has around 100k miles on it

Then I can put another 150k to maybe 200k miles on it, and the only money I'm going to spend on it is for gas, tires, and regular maintenance costs. I've already done this with 2 Toyotas. Why in the f'in hell would I spend $10k-20k on some american car that's going to break down once it hits the 150k mile mark.

Hey, I want American cars to succeed as much as their fanboys. If people buy American cars then more people in America stay employed, right? And this is better for the economy. The American car makers need to stop putting profits above quality, it's literally and slowly killing them. They're like Tweakers but their addiction is the price of their stock when the bell rings at the end of the day.

Because they actually work.

• zipper

Since when? Give me a Chevy or Jeep any day. You are believing to much of Toyota's hip!

They are one of the most reliable cars on the road today

• Erik

cheap and reliable

I love my Toyota Tundra! Great truck.

What makes you think it is the “most popular”?

Is it not simply the “best selling”? That's quite different!

• arther

reliability big powerful reliable drink lots of fuel the ones i like my mum likes camerys

Because of the quality

• Geo

Excellent Engineering and Quality Control.