Lost my insurance coverage, have no income Have severe hand pain don’t know what to do Now, Any recommendations?

Turned 19 lost my chip coverage, i am currently unemployed have no income, i have severe pain in in hands which is why i have not gotten a job yet, i had Children’s medicaid was seeing doctors trying to help my hands and also started taking claravis(acne medicine) but just turned 19 and lost the plan, in the next few days i have a scheduled nerve test for my hand but I don’t know how thats gonna go now with no insurance, same with my meds. I live with my father we cant really afford private insurance in the first place if we could even buy it now.

What can i do, i just what my hands to stop hurting so i can then go work full time and move out, hand therapists that im now not really gonna be able to see say they need rest and have my hands in braces most the day, I feel really screwed are there any resources for us, we don’t qualify for any government programs anymore but work so slow for him actually taking from savings

You need to make some discussion

• car253

You may qualify for Medi-cal or Medi-caid but you are not giving the right answers to the Social Worker. You can go to a local free or low cost clinic in your area. For some referrals you might want to post what state you live in.

Try to find a county hospital near you to take care of this. They go by a sliding scale of what someone pays or doesn't pay.

1. Apply for disability benefits.

2. In many states, anyone can get insurance, no matter how low their income is. If the total income of the household is low enough, you can get medicaid. If the household has too much income for you to qualify for medicaid, then you may qualify for a subsidy from the federal government to help you buy insurance so you will be able to afford it.

• A Hunch

Your information is based on expanded medicaid. By his question/comments, you can tell he lives in a state that didn't expand medicaid.

Get a new hand?

• Judy

How much income does your dad have? Does he qualify for medicaid?

• American Patriot

He didn’t qualify this year because his taxes are not in order, he owes like 10k is currently trying to get it under control so he can get cheaper health insurance from the the tax credit once he can show his income it’s confusing

when i used to work in resorts i didnt have health insurance, i had 5 surgeries without insurance, theres prograrns out there, one is the indigent care prograrn, i would ask your doctor about it

You have 60 days from the lose of coverage to get new coverage. It is not going to cover any tests or medical treatment that occurs prior to the plan being effective.

== If you are still within this window of time, you need to purchase this coverage!! (this doesn't sound like an option since you need medical care). Your family needs to figure out how to pay for this coverage.

At the same time, you can apply for medicaid, which is welfare based health treatment. Very similar to CHIP. If you are approved, this may cover you for 3 months back but probably not in your case. Unless you already know you aren't eligible for this, then no sense applying.

If you get approved for medicaid, you can cancel the private health insurance.

If you are going to college, your school might offer a specific health insurance plan for you.

There are some websites that take about careers for people with limited use of hands/arms. For non-degree, the easiest to get would be sales - like car sales, home improvement (windows, solar, etc)

• A Hunch

Based on your other questions, you certainly have a lot of electronics and gadgets. Sell some to cover the cost of your health insurance coverage. Unbelievable that the US taxpayers have been paying for your health insurance and you are out buying 50" & 65" tvs. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.