anna asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 months ago

Why did Hitler kill people?

58 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Primarily because he had a pathological hatred of the Jews. Part of this hatred was fuelled by a belief that the Jews were somehow responsible for all Germany's problems after the end of the First World War. He believed Jews and Eastern Europeans like Russians, Slavs, Poles etc to be actually subhuman, not fully human. For that reason he and the entire Nazi regime, felt it somehow permissible to commit genocide on them. Obviously it's a bit more complicated than that but that's the basic reason.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

How do you know he actually "believed" what you claim, & didn't just use them as scapegoats to stir up hatred among others? How is that any different than using others as slaves - slowly working them to death instead of outright murdering them?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Hitler was an idiot.

Nazi generals did not want to be friends with Japan. They wanted to be friends with Russia.

Manstein called Hitler an idiot.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

He was a murderous psychopath

• 5 months ago

Theres no evidence he ever killed anyone by his own hand but he did order the extermination of anyone who was not "aryan"

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

negligence, it can be argued that he should have known the evils done. As Truman's sign put it "The buck stops here."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

because he wanted more.........

• 5 months ago

Hitler surely could not control everything, but he was a real person unlike the fictional Jesus of the biggest lie ever told or written.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Absolute power had corrupted him absolutely.

If you do not like the message, kill the messenger.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Tor: But what position is that supposed to have been?

• 5 months ago

Psychotic narcissists tend to do things like that, particularly when someone is standing in their way and stopping them from achieving absolute power.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Really? Are you one of the authors of the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders? Show me where it mentions "psychotic narcissists." I can't seem to find it in my copy.

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Because he (a) was anti semitic and (b) recognized that he could use anti semitism to gain and maintain power.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Wundt: If you read "Mein Kampf" (a tedious chore, I admit), you'll find he detested all of those even when he wrote the book (1924).

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

He was obviously evil.

• 5 months ago

To gain power. He needed the Jewish money to do it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.