Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 6 months ago

Why is UPS so expensive?

I recently sold a pair of shoes on Ebay for $41 and only ended up making $19 total on the sale because the cost of shipping and fees at the UPS store were so expensive. I just don’t understand why it cost so much to ship this from UPS.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

UPS raised their rates horribly about 2 years ago. Fed-Ex is cheaper, and the US Post Office is cheaper than Fed-Ex. You should have used the standard post office.

• 6 months ago

Yes friend UPS is stupid ridiculous expensive they tried to charge me $80 to ship a laptop that I sold on eBay. Go inside United States postal service and get yourself a three-day box that the shoes will fit in put some newspaper in the box for padding and you should be able to get away with about $20 for shipping. If you want to take a week you might get away with $15 for shipping. If you purchase the shipping label off of eBay you'll get like a 15% discount.

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

your mistake was not saying buyer paus for all shipping...which is what everyone does...you messed up...it happens to us all

• 6 months ago

You can find another shipper...but they're all pretty similar in pricing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

That is why you add shipping to the purchase price. There are cheaper ways to ship on UPS, such as ground. Also you can compare prices with Fedex and Post Office.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.