Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 6 months ago

Why is UPS so expensive?

I recently sold a pair of shoes on Ebay for $41 and only ended up making $19 total on the sale because the cost of shipping and fees at the UPS store were so expensive. I just don’t understand why it cost so much to ship this from UPS.

UPS raised their rates horribly about 2 years ago. Fed-Ex is cheaper, and the US Post Office is cheaper than Fed-Ex. You should have used the standard post office.

Yes friend UPS is stupid ridiculous expensive they tried to charge me $80 to ship a laptop that I sold on eBay. Go inside United States postal service and get yourself a three-day box that the shoes will fit in put some newspaper in the box for padding and you should be able to get away with about $20 for shipping. If you want to take a week you might get away with $15 for shipping. If you purchase the shipping label off of eBay you'll get like a 15% discount.

• NONAME

your mistake was not saying buyer paus for all shipping...which is what everyone does...you messed up...it happens to us all

You can find another shipper...but they're all pretty similar in pricing.

That is why you add shipping to the purchase price. There are cheaper ways to ship on UPS, such as ground. Also you can compare prices with Fedex and Post Office.