Would you be offended in this situation?

My boyfriend's family is in town. I met his mom last minute yesterday. Today he tells me they are taking his sister's boat and going on the river. I feel a bit left out that he did not include me, I know that his brother in law always invites me to come with my boyfriend. A tiny back story, I am a single... show more My boyfriend's family is in town. I met his mom last minute yesterday. Today he tells me they are taking his sister's boat and going on the river. I feel a bit left out that he did not include me, I know that his brother in law always invites me to come with my boyfriend. A tiny back story, I am a single mom with two kids. He knows I have sisters who live here in town that can help with them if need be. He did say once, however, that one of the reasons he does not invite me to family gatherings is because he wants to have just me when we hang out, and later on when we are a more established couple (aka he's had his fill with him-and-me time) he will be more inclined to bring me around. I find this troublesome. Am I wrong to feel this way???
2 answers 2