random asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Is there any snack that is at least a little bit healthy?

I forgot my lunch today, but my company has free snacks. However, they're kind of all packaged foods I think. I think theres nuts, chips, granola bars, and I'm not sure what else. Would any of those snacks be healthy at all? I just don't really like leaving work and going out to lunch. For breakfast I had two eggs and berries. I work from 6:00 am till 3:00 pm.

Out of nuts, chips, and granola bars, I would pick nuts. Often the food item with the fewest ingredients is the healthiest. The best snack is a piece of fruit (but those don't come in packages). The next best thing I suppose is some raisins or dried fruit. Granola used to be healthy back in the 70's but they kept the name and changed everything else so I would stay away from those.

• audrey

Nuts are healthy. So are granola bars.

• megalomaniac

Nuts yes, granola bars no (have you read the ingredients? granola used to be relatively healthy a few decades ago but they kept the name but changed what it is)

The nuts. Especially, if they have walnuts or almonds. But any nuts would be better than chips. Nuts do have some fats, but like avocados (which I don’t like) but they’re considered to be healthy fats.

• Fuhr

Nuts if they aren't salted or fried. Avoid the chips, check the sugar content on the granola. Just save your calories for beer tonight!